Sunday, September 11, 2005

Cuisinart Food Processor

TIA Daily reader Farhana Bandukwala writes:

"The food processor seems like a simple thing but it is one of a collection of simple things that allows me to fulfill many different roles. I am a mother who is very particular about the home cooked foods I serve my family every day. The time saved in the kitchen (and elsewhere in the home) allows me to pursue my professional interests, which I am passionate about, on a
full-time basis. I get great emotional satisfaction knowing that my family can "savor the good life" even though I don't spend all my time in the home!"

For a brief timeline of Cuisinart click here.

"1973: With great expectations, the Sontheimers unveil the 'Food Processor' at the National Housewares Exposition in Chicago.

"1974: Determined to make the product a kitchen staple, Sontheimer starts improving the discs and blades. He mixes eggs into a puff shell dough in 15 seconds instead of 15 minutes, chops a pound of meat in less than 60 seconds, and creates flavored spreads, pastries and dough faster and with less cleanup than ever before.

"1975: Sontheimer takes his new techniques and machine to such food authorities as James Beard, Julia Child, Craig Claiborne, Jacques P├ępin and Helen McCully. Their accolades, plus stories praising the machine in Gourmet, The New York Times and other major publications, help establish Cuisinart as a worthwhile investment for serious home cooks."

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home